Fancy a bit of customization for your Android version of Minecraft? You’ll soon be accommodated by developer Mojang. According to this blog post, the Pocket Edition of the game will get a significant update later this week, with player skins being the biggest addition. If you’ve played the PC or console version of Minecraft, you know that custom skins for player avatars have become a big part of the game’s community aspect.
At least a few free skins will be available, and Mojang will sell more as in-app purchases, with packs of around 20 skins costing one US dollar. But that’s not the only way to access the feature. You can also upload skins directly to your character via the web, including the ones you create yourself with the Minecraft Skin Studio. Man, that sounds really creepy.
Other improvements in the upcoming update include a new system for catching fish, two-player boats, and support for more languages. Here’s the full list:
- Multiple language support
- Boats with space for two! Take your pet for a pleasant ride.
- The ability to throw stuff from boats, including snowballs and eggs
- Fishing! Now you can fish for fishies!
- Spider jockeys!
- Cave Spiders!
- Adorable baby zombies!
- Weird chicken jockeys!
- Edible clownfish. Yum!
- A fancy new World Edit screen so you can rename worlds, change game modes and do other things
- Creative players can no longer be set on fire. Controversial
- We’ve stopped cheeky chickens from walking on water
- Animals can no longer breed without touching each other ooh err
- Drinking milk now removes mob effects
- Ridiculous amounts of bug fixes
- More cool things that you should discover for yourself
What the hell is a chicken jockey? The update should go out later this week on the Play Store.
We are glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Have fun, be respectful to others, and don't spam.